How to apply
Your application to Harris should be addressed to the attention of the Student Committee and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include the following:
- cover letter
- up-to-date transcripts from both law school and undergraduate studies
- reference letter(s)
We are looking for candidates who are truly interested in our firm, and who have taken the time to prepare a thoughtful and comprehensive application package.
Harris abides by the Vancouver Bar Association articling guidelines, which prescribe the dates for applications, interviews and offers.
2019/2020 Articling Students
- June 29, 2018 - Applications due
- July 11, 2018 - Intention to call emails
- July 13, 2018 - Interview call date (8:00AM PST)
- August 13-15, 2018 - Interview week
- August 16, 2018 - Offer "call" date (8:00AM PST)
- August 17, 2018 - Offer "date" (8:00AM PST)
2018 Summer Students
- September 5, 2018 - Applications due
- October 2, 2018 - Intention to call emails
- October 4, 2018 - Interview call date (8:00AM PST)
- October 15-17, 2018 - Interview week
- October 18, 2018 - Offer call date (8:00AM PST)
Please ensure that we receive your application by email, fax or mail prior to the application deadline date prescribed by the VBA. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted, except in exigent circumstances.
Once the members of our Student Committee have thoroughly reviewed each application, we contact selected applicants to schedule an interview. Student interviews are typically conducted by three or four members of our Student Committee during the interview week prescribed by the VBA. These interviews generally range from 30 minutes to one hour in duration. Our interviews focus on getting to know you, discussing your interest in our firm, and answering any questions you may have for us about our program, our practice or Harris & Company in general.
Following the interview process, the Student Committee meets to consider all interviewees for summer or articling positions with our firm. Students receiving offers of summer or articling positions are contacted on the offer date set out by the VBA. Interviewees who do not receive offers are also contacted on the offer date to notify them of the outcome.