Employers are frequently faced with difficult employment issues from recruiting new hires to terminating problem employees.
In this half-day seminar, Dianne Rideout and Nicole Toye will review the fundamentals of employment law and provide helpful tips to address all facets of the non-union employment relationship.
Topics covered will include:
- Hiring Employees
- Avoiding trouble: inducement and other pitfalls
- The value of written employment contracts
- Restrictive Covenants - worth the paper
- Managing Employees
- Probationary periods
- Suspension of non-union staff
- Managing absenteeism
- Avoiding constructive dismissal claims
- Effective Terminations
- Proper conduct of the termination meeting
- Structuring proper severance packages
- High-risk terminations - disabled or "at-risk" employees