In this introductory workshop, Harris lawyers Stephanie Vellins and David Woolias will navigate employers on how to set proper standards for performance and work-related employee behavior.
By attending this session, participants will gain:
- An understanding of the law as it relates to performance management and discipline, including management rights and obligations, as well as employees’ rights and obligations
- Tools to effectively manage the workplace, including managing difficult employees and coaching for success
- How-to knowledge to handle performance issues, including dealing with culpable and non-culpable conduct
- A review of progressive discipline, and
- Invaluable guidelines on how to investigate misconduct.
This seminar is particularly suitable for new professionals or those looking for a refresher on this area of law.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION. A $50 CANCELLATION FEE WILL BE CHARGED IF YOU CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION LESS THAN 5 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT. A REFUND WILL NOT BE ISSUED IF YOU DO NOT ADVISE US OF YOUR CANCELLATION.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.