Scott McCann and Brad Cocke will discuss the topical issue of cannabis and its impact on the workplace, with a focus on providing managers, supervisors and HR professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to the use of cannabis by employees.
Key issues covered will include:
- Cannabis basics - from illicit drugs to legal medicine
- The current state of the law
- Criminal law and anticipated changes
- Medicinal use
- Law applicable to the workplace
- Drug addiction and medicinal use
- Required medical documentation
- The duty to accommodate employees
- Recreational use
- Proving usage
- Investigations, discipline and discharge
- Legalization and its anticipated impact on the workplace, and how employers can be prepared.
Booking terms and conditions: Payment is required to confirm your registration. A $50 cancellation fee per person will be charged if you cancel your registration less than 5 business days before the event. A refund will not be issued if you do not advise us of your cancellation.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuining Professional Development (CPD) hours.