THIS SESSION IS FULLY BOOKED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE PLACED ON THE WAITLIST, PLEASE EMAIL JWONG@HARRISCO.COM
With a view on keeping employers current on important developments in privacy law, Harris lawyers Ilan Burkes and Connor Levy will discuss a number of key topics in the area of workplace privacy during this introductory seminar, including:
- The interaction between employees’ misuse of social media and the Workers Compensation Act and Human Rights Code obligations
- Employers’ rights and guidelines for conducting social media background checks
- Developing and managing appropriate social media and internet usage policies
- Privacy rights in connection with an employee’s use of workplace computers and other electronic devices
- What to know before storing corporate data “in the cloud”
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.