Cannabis And The Workplace
THIS SEMINAR IS NOW FULL. TO BE PLACED ON THE WAITLIST, PLEASE EMAIL JOANNE WONG, EVENT COORDINATOR AT JWONG@HARRISCO.COM
Scott McCann and Brad Cocke will discuss the topical issue of cannabis and its impact on the workplace, with a focus on providing managers, supervisors and HR professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to the use of cannabis by employees.
Key issues covered will include:
- Cannabis basics - from illicit drugs to legal medicine
- The current state of the law
- Criminal law and anticipated changes
- Medicinal use
- Law applicable to the workplace
- Drug addiction and medicinal use
- Required medical documentation
- The duty to accommodate employees
- Recreational use
- Proving usage
- Investigations, discipline and discharge
- Legalization and its anticipated impact on the workplace, and how employers can be prepared.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS: PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION. A $50 CANCELLATION FEE PER PERSON WILL BE CHARGED IF YOU CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION LESS THAN 5 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT. A REFUND WILL NOT BE ISSUED IF YOU DO NOT ADVISE US OF YOUR CANCELLATION.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.