First Nations Employment Law Conference Whitehorse
Harris & Company LLP is pleased to invite your organization to our upcoming First Nations Employment Law Conference in Whitehorse, Yukon. We welcome HR Managers, Band Administrators, Department Managers, and members of Council to join us for this full-day workshop.
The conference is comprised of topics specifically for First Nations' workplaces, e.g. band administration, First Nation economic development ventures, band schools, band health departments, etc.
Human Rights In The First Nations Workplace
- Overview of the human rights legislation that applies to the First Nations workplace.
- Discussion of the 'duty to accommodate' and how to deal with specific disabilities such as addiction.
Bullying And Harassment
- Overview of the WorksafeBC's bullying and harassment legislation.
- How to effectively manage bullying and harassment incidents that arise in your workplace.
- A look at the unjust dismissal provisions under the Canada Labour Code.
- Different sources of liability that can arise from a dismissal, and steps you can take to minimize potential liability.
- The impact on your workplace following the recent Supreme Court of Canada decision on the ability of federally regulated organizations to terminate employees without cause.
Social Media In The Workplace
- What are the various issues that can arise in the workplace as a result of the use of social media?
- What constitutes 'private' information?
- How to establish effective internal policies to manage the social media in your workplace.