Managing In A Unionized Environment
This seminar is now fully booked. If you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please email Joanne Wong, Event Coordinator at email@example.com.
This introductory seminar will focus on providing managers and supervisors with the knowledge and skills required to administer collective agreements, and offer practical tools to manage unionized employees.
Harris lawyers Mark Colavecchia and Connor Levy will cover:
- Management rights in a unionized workforce
- How to establish workplace rules
- Managing employee performance issues and progressive discipline, including:
- dealing appropriately with culpable behaviour- from the investigation of an employee's misconduct to the imposition of discipline; and
- managing non-culpable issues in the union environment and dealing with employees not at fault.
Please note this is a foundations seminar and is suitable for new professionals or those looking for a refresher on this topic area.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS: PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION. A $50 CANCELLATION FEE PER PERSON WILL BE CHARGED IF YOU CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION LESS THAN 5 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT. A REFUND WILL NOT BE ISSUED IF YOU DO NOT ADVISE US OF YOUR CANCELLATION.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.