Employment Law 101
This introductory seminar will review the fundamentals of employment law, including practical tips that address all facets of the non-union employment relationship, including:
- Understanding the legal framework
- Statutory and common law obligations
- Application of provincial and federal legislations (employment standards, human rights, privacy, and workers compensation)
- Establishing and managing the employment relationship
- The value of written employment contracts
- Effective use of probationary periods
- Peformance management and discipline
- What constitutes a constructive dismissal
- Ending the employment relationship
- Grounds for termination (with cause / without cause)
- Limiting costs associated with terminations
- Structuring severance packages
Please note this is a foundations seminar and is suitable for new HR professionals or those looking for a refresher on this topic area.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS: PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION. A $50 CANCELLATION FEE PER PERSON WILL BE CHARGED IF YOU CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION LESS THAN 5 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT. A REFUND WILL NOT BE ISSUED IF YOU DO NOT ADVISE US OF YOUR CANCELLATION.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.