Cannabis And The Workplace
Due to popular demand, this session is fully booked. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist, please contact Joanne Wong, EVENT COORDINATOR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scott McCann and Brad Cocke will discuss the topical issue of cannabis and its impact on the workplace, with a focus on providing managers, supervisors and HR professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to the use of cannabis by employees.
Key issues covered will include:
- Cannabis basics - from illicit drugs to legal medicine
- The current state of the law
- Criminal law and anticipated changes
- Medicinal use
- Law applicable to the workplace
- Drug addiction and medicinal use
- Required medical documentation
- The duty to accommodate employees
- Recreational use
- Proving usage
- Investigations, discipline and discharge
- Legalization and its anticipated impact on the workplace, and how employers can be prepared.
Booking terms and conditions: Payment is required to confirm your registration. A $50 cancellation fee per person will be charged if you cancel your registration less than 5 business days before the event. A refund will not be issued if you do not advise us of your cancellation.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuining Professional Development (CPD) hours.