Processing FIPPA Access Requests - Introductory Training
This is an interactive, introductory and refresher course for freedom of information coordinators looking for some basic training in how to handle access requests. During the seminar, Harris Partner, Suzanne Kennedy will explore the compliance and legislative requirements for processing access requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
By attending this seminar, you will learn:
- The duty to assist, calculating time and conducting records searches
- When and how to assess a fee
- How to understand and apply discretionary exceptions to disclosure
- How to protect third party interests and apply the mandatory exceptions to disclosure
- How to deal with difficult applicants
- How to be prepared for 'The Request for Review'
This course is suitable for FOI coordinators working for public sector organizations. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in an interactive session and receive a practical resource guide including checklists and templates.