Employment Contracts 101
In this introductory seminar, Harris lawyers Dianne Rideout and Nicole Toye will provide you with the foundational knowledge you need to create and implement effective employment contracts.
By the end of the seminar, you will learn:
- The elements of a binding contract - offer, acceptance, consideration and certainty
- The benefits of employment contracts
- Key terms in employment contracts, including termination clauses, mitigation, and restrictive covenants
- Common 'boilerplate' terms explained
- Common pitfalls in contracts and how to avoid them
- Best practices for implementing and administering employment contracts
This introductory seminar is particularly suitable for professionals new to the area of law or those looking for a refresher.