Managing In A Unionized Environment
In this seminar, Harris lawyers Mark Colavecchia and Connor Levy will focus on providing managers and supervisors with practical knowledge and skills for administering collective agreements, and tools for managing unionized employees.
Topics covered include:
- Management rights in a unionized workforce
- Establishing workplace rules
- Managing employee performance issues and progressive discipline
- Dealing appropriately with culpable behaviour, from the investigation of an employee's misconduct to the imposition of discipline
- Managing non-culpable issues in the union environment and dealing with employees not at fault.
This introductory seminar is suitable for new HR professionals or those looking for a refresher on this area of law.
The Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon (CPHR) has pre-approved this seminar for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.